Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle 9i Forms Cancel Query Button
Oracle 9i Forms Cancel Query Button [message #136545] Thu, 08 September 2005 11:58 Go to next message
eziegler03
I am a fairly new programmer and found a problem.
I am migrating forms from 6i to 9i. Some of the forms have query mode on a database block. The problem that I am running into is that if I cancel the query the form exits out to our web log-in screen.

I have a key exit trigger on the form that directs where the form is to exit to, but nothing in the form for canceling a query.
Re: Oracle 9i Forms Cancel Query Button [message #136597 is a reply to message #136545] Thu, 08 September 2005 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What do you push to cancel the query mode? What code is 'under that button'?

David
Re: Oracle 9i Forms Cancel Query Button [message #136703 is a reply to message #136597] Fri, 09 September 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eziegler03
When I push the Cancel Query Button on the tool bar it is using the default of what is in Oracle. I have not added any code for this button.

The code that I have on the Exit button is under the Key-Exit Trigger. Under this button I have the following code:

IF UPPER(GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY(CONNECT_STRING)) = 'RESTAT.LORENZO' --(This is our test box) THEN
-- Code to Bring Focus back to REPORTALTEST when form is exited
web.show_document('www.restat.com');
ELSE
-- Code to Bring Focus back to REPORTAL when form is exited
web.show_document('www.restat.com');
END IF;
exit_form(no_validate);

If I remove the code to return to the proper URL then the Cancel Query Button will just cancel query.

I realize that the most logical solution is to remove the code (which I have now done) and now have it on a Post-Form Trigger.

I just would like to know if there is another way to fix this problem and also will the Post-Form Trigger fire everytime you exit the form, even if there is an error.

I greatly appreciate any help or advise that you can give me.

Thank You,
EZiegler03
Re: Oracle 9i Forms Cancel Query Button [message #136846 is a reply to message #136703] Sun, 11 September 2005 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Is the Cancel-Query button active even when the form is NOT in enter-query mode? For me, the default smart-bar is showing the Cancel-Query button as disabled until the form enters query-mode at which time the cancel-query button becomes active. Please confirm that you have the same behaviour.

David
Re: Oracle 9i Forms Cancel Query Button [message #136962 is a reply to message #136846] Mon, 12 September 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eziegler03
Correct, if I am NOT in enter query mode cancel query button is disabled. Once I click on the enter query button the the Cancel Query button is enabled. I then decided to cancel the query and my form then exits out as if I clicked on the Exit button and not the cancel query button.

EZiegler03
Re: Oracle 9i Forms Cancel Query Button [message #137031 is a reply to message #136962] Mon, 12 September 2005 19:18 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In your Forms Builder's Object Navigator, type 'key-exit' into the 'Find' box at the top of the window. Is there a Key-Exit trigger defined anywhere in your form? If so, with which block or item is it associated, and what code does it contain.

Also do a PL/SQL search to find all occurrences of 'Exit_Form'.

David

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 19:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: scroll bar problem
Next Topic: examples
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:04:43 CDT 2024