Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Again submmiting list of value problem WITH EXAMPLE
Again submmiting list of value problem WITH EXAMPLE [message #144582] Thu, 27 October 2005 05:14 Go to next message
Shaila.Mehra

Hi to all.

Pls go through this .fmb and you will find that here, there is no declaration of list of value elements.

But this module working perfectly.
Each list populate with the values which are in their respective groups.

But when i used this method my list of value item was not populate.
So pls rectify this.
Waiting ..

shaila
Re: Again submmiting list of value problem WITH EXAMPLE [message #144722 is a reply to message #144582] Thu, 27 October 2005 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You say "But this module working perfectly." and "But when i used this method my list of value item was not populate."

You can't have it both ways. If it doesn't populate then it ISN'T working perfectly!!

JUST USE THE LOV AND RECORD GROUP AS THEY ARE DEFINED BY FORMS BUILDER AND IT WILL WORK!!

Sorry to yell at you when I want to yell at ALL of you newbies. You have to have an LOV to define the return value locations. Yes, play with the record group all you want but you HAVE TO HAVE an LOV to get the values back. You can have really complex select statements in the RG. And you can have multiple RGs which can be assigned to a single LOV to handle different cases.

David
Re: Again submmiting list of ITEM problem WITH EXAMPLE [message #144841 is a reply to message #144582] Fri, 28 October 2005 10:15 Go to previous message
Shaila.Mehra

David, actually i wanted to ask for LIST OF ITEM not for LOV.
I appologies for this for this foolish mistake which has been done by me.
I am sorry.

David i am trying for list of item, in this form there is no declaration of list elements for list items, even then they work properly and each list item populating.

Shaila.

Previous Topic: maximizing web forms dynamically
Next Topic: numbers to letters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:54:15 CDT 2024