Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » maximizing web forms dynamically
maximizing web forms dynamically [message #144709] Thu, 27 October 2005 15:07 Go to next message
bdrufner
Forms 9.0.4(10g), RDBMS 9.2

I am currently using the following code in a WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE form level trigger to maximize the web form window. Note that the window name is hardcoded.

SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY('win_main',WINDOW_STATE,MAXIMIZE);

In an effort to standardize this approach and reuse this code for other forms, I removed this code from the above trigger and created a WHEN-WINDOW-ACTIVITED form level trigger. I made the following substution (hoping to dynamically capture the value of whatever window happen to be "active").

SET_WINDOW_PROPERTY(:SYSTEM.EVENT_WINDOW,WINDOW_STATE,MAXIMIZE);

This approach seems to work, however, not knowing much about these triggers and my relative inexperience in Forms, I ask the following questions:

(1)Will this approach keep the active window "maximized", as the user switches from window to window in web forms? (2)Is this a 'best practices" approach? (3)How are others handling this issue?

Any other approaches, problems with my current approach or comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Re: maximizing web forms dynamically [message #144729 is a reply to message #144709] Thu, 27 October 2005 19:31 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If it works, its good enough for me.

David
Previous Topic: forms advanced techniques
Next Topic: Again submmiting list of value problem WITH EXAMPLE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:26:46 CDT 2024