Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » PLSQL libraries in Linux
icon7.gif  PLSQL libraries in Linux [message #150165] Tue, 06 December 2005 10:54 Go to next message
bdrufner
personal note: David, welcome back. You were missed.

test / development environment: WIN XP SP2, RDBMS 9.0.4, Forms 9.0.4.0.19 (32 bit)
production environment: Linux RedHat AS 2.1 (Itanium processor), RDBMS 9.0.4
-----
In my test/dev environment, in lieu of using program units in my forms, I have developed PLSQL libraries and all is working well.

In my prod environment, when I copy and recompile the fmb and plsql libraries in Linux, it compiles without error and an executable fmx is created.

When I call code embedded in the PLSQL libraries from my triggers, I am trapping an ORA-06508 error (could not find program unit being called). This appears to be true in ALL of my triggers that reference code in any of my PLSQL libraries.

If I move all of my code in my test/dev environment from PLSQL libraries to program units and compile (aka changed form), my form works well.

When I copy the fmb from test/dev and recompile the "changed form" in prod, all works well.

Questions: Does this version of LINUX support PLSQL library calls? Is anyone having this problem or similar problem in other versions of LINUX? Can anyone please offer suggestions, etc. on what might be going wrong?

Many Thanks,
Barry
Re: PLSQL libraries in Linux [message #150272 is a reply to message #150165] Tue, 06 December 2005 23:52 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
When you attached your PLLs to your form did you accept the default answer to the question about removing the path from the PLL name or did you say 'yes' to the remove question?

Methinks you accepted the default of 'no', this will not work when you move the PLLs and FMBs to the new directory structure ESPECIALLY as it a Linux system.

Ah ha, another idea, are the PLL file names in upper or lower case? On the windows box case is not important but on the Linux bos it is important. Also be carefull as to the case of the file names in your source control system and in your call_form statements.

David
Previous Topic: Displaying something in a text item.
Next Topic: Message in Form?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:33:05 CDT 2024