Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » insert time value
insert time value [message #151387] Wed, 14 December 2005 10:26 Go to next message
RAY_HT
hi every body

i'm useing developer 6i ,
i'm designing employee form for attendance module
i have to insert official_comming_time for every employee
i want to insert it as time value without date cause i will get deferance between actual_comming_time and official_comming_time

thnx
Re: insert time value [message #151454 is a reply to message #151387] Wed, 14 December 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I wondered when someone would ask this question.

Create your two items as datetime fields, give them a default value of $$sysdate$$, and make their display formats 'HH24:Mi' or 'HH24MI' depending on how you want to do your data entry.

They will display as 5 or 4 characters fields but you will be able to use the standard date time functions to calculate the differences and to accumulate the hours worked.

David
Re: insert time value [message #151465 is a reply to message #151454] Wed, 14 December 2005 23:39 Go to previous message
Scarlet.Zhu
Hi,all
We may think in this way.
As $$DATE$$, $$DBDATE$$, $$DATETIME$$, $$DBDATETIME$$ may provide us time from year to second, proper result could be retrieved via display format.
SQL below might help you:
select to_char(systimestamp,'yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ssxff') time1, to_char(current_timestamp) time2 from dual;

Scarlet
Previous Topic: A Translation Bean Problem, guidance needed.
Next Topic: After deleting a constraint, i am getting the constraint violation problem.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:39:28 CDT 2024