Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » forms 9i questions
forms 9i questions [message #159959] Wed, 22 February 2006 06:40 Go to next message
bhagwan
While going through forms 9i self test dump, I have come across 3 questions below for which I think the answers provided
are incorrect.

Please correct me if Iam wrong with a brief reasoning Smile

Q1 Which statement is true about client-side validation?
A. It requires a network round trip.
B. It does not require any middle-tier configuration.
C. It requires setting an item's Implementation Class property.
D. It is implemented with the When-Validate-Item and When-Validate-Record triggers.

Answer: C (I feel 'D' should be right answer)

Q2. In a multiform application, the Customers form invoked the Orders form using a When-Button-Pressed trigger behind the CONTROL.Orders_Btn button. This button has the Mouse Navigable property set to No and the following trigger code:

OPEN_FORM('Orders');

The user updates a customer's telephone number and clicks the button, causing the Orders form to appear. The user queries orders for the customer that is being viewed in the Customers form and changed the QUANTITY of one of the products ordered. The forms are arranged so that both are visible at the same time.

When user clicks the CUSTOMERS.Cust_Email text item in the Customers form, which four triggers can fire? (Choose four)

A. When-Validate-Item in the Orders form.
B. When-Form-Navigate in the Orders form.
C. When-Form-Navigate in the Customers form.
D. When-Window-Activated in the Orders form.
E. When-Validate-Item in the Customers form.
F. When-Window-Deactivated in the Orders form.
G. When-Window-Activated in the Customers form.
H. When-Window-Deactivated in the Customers form.

Answer: C, E, G, H (I feel 'A, C, F, G' should be right answer)

Q3.The Products.fmb module has one content canvas, which displays information about products sold by your company. You increase the canvas display area by creating an overlay canvas to enable product images to be displayed on request. At run time, however, the overlay canvas is never displayed; users complain that there is only a brief flash on their screen.
How do you correct this?

A. Ensure that the current item is not hidden by the overlay canvas.
B. Call the built-in GET_VIEW_PROPERTY to set the canvas VISIBLE property to True.
C. In the Layout Editor, choose View | Stacked Views. Then select the overlay canvas in the Stacked Canvases dialog box.
D. Change the stacking order of canvases under the Canvases node in the Object Navigator. Ensure that the overlay canvas is the first canvas listed under this node.
E. Change the stacking order of canvases under the Canvases node in the Object Navigator. Ensure that the overlay canvas is the last canvas listed under this node.

Answer: A (I feel 'E' should be right answer)

Rgds,
Bhagwan

[Updated on: Wed, 22 February 2006 22:16] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: forms 9i questions [message #160029 is a reply to message #159959] Wed, 22 February 2006 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I'll give my answers one question at a time as I needed to do some research to answer them.

Was question 1 part of a Java Bean question area or something?

As far as I am concerned ALL the answers to question 1 are wrong!! The Implementation Class Property for a Text Item is by, default, "none". (I had to read the 9i manual as I had never heard of it before.) Therefore, answer C "It requires setting an item's Implementation Class property." is wrong as it does NOT require setting, it is at the value you need by default.

@others: Am I being too literal in the interpretation of the question?

David

Question 2: I agree with YOUR answer!

Question 3: "At run time, however, the overlay canvas is never displayed; users complain that there is only a brief flash on their screen." Does this mean that they can't get the overlay canvas to show, but it just flashes on start up as the overlay canvas precedes the main canvas.

I agree with you again - 'E'.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 February 2006 22:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: forms 9i questions [message #160099 is a reply to message #159959] Thu, 23 February 2006 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bhagwan
Hi,

Thanks for your replies..

Regarding Q1, I also agree with you that it must be related to Java Bean area because This property identifies the class name of the container of the JavaBean you are adding to the application.

Since there is no mention of Java Bean, I was confused.I think C is right answer.

Again in Q3, Iam also not having all the information which you are asking as it is a part of self test.But 'E' looks logical to me.

Finally I have 1 last question

Q1.
The employees block contain 100 records.You are developing an Human resource form that has an emloyee block with properties as shown below:

Number of Records buffered:50
Number of Records Displayed: 10
Query all records : Yes
Single Record :No

When you run the form and execute a query in the Employees block, approximately how many network rounds trips will be made to the server before records are displayed in the block?

A.1
B.2
C.10
D.50
E.100

Answer is 10 (I feel 'B' should be right answer)
Or is it because the 'number of records displayed' means 100/10 ? If so, then what is the role play of "Number of Records buffered" ?

Regards,
Bhagwan
Re: forms 9i questions [message #160211 is a reply to message #160099] Thu, 23 February 2006 22:22 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I thought you were going for 'D' for question 1?

Concerning the other question: Who knows? Who cares? The main error is that they have 'query all records = yes'. Dumb! I assume they want to accumulate some value. They should get it in the Pre-Query. The number of 'network round trips' would be altered, of course, if there was a Post-Query. You should run a 'network sniffer' sometime. You will be shocked with the number of database accesses associated with a Post-Query.

By the way, if you have an 'icon' link (hardwired optical connection between your Application Server and Database Server) would you consider that you had any network at all, as it is not part of the real 'network'?

David
Previous Topic: Preventing duplicate records in form without saving the record
Next Topic: Maintaining Log at User level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:38:24 CDT 2024