Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Calling report from forms and Problem in calling report from forms9i (merged)
Calling report from forms and Problem in calling report from forms9i (merged) [message #165240] Wed, 29 March 2006 00:52 Go to next message
samit_gandhi

Dear All,

Earlier i am using Forms6i for the forms and reports. Now i want to use forms9i. I have installed everything. I can get my forms in 9i but i can not use the reports. Whats the procdure i have to do for using my 6i reports in 9i using my web browser.

Please if possible send me the sample file also.

For ur reference i am sending u my existing code which i am using for calling the reports from forms.

DECLARE
PARAMETER_LIST_ID PARAMLIST;
A NUMBER;
VBAL_TYPE VARCHAR2(10);

BEGIN
PARAMETER_LIST_ID :=CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST('TEMP_DATA');
SELECT BAL_TYPE,TO_CHAR(OPENING_BAL_USD,'9999990.00') INTO VBAL_TYPE,A FROM AC_MASTER WHERE AC_NAME=:DUMMY.AC_NAME;
IF VBAL_TYPE='DR' THEN
:DUMMY.VOPENING_BAL_CR:='0';
:DUMMY.VOPENING_BAL_DR:=A;
ELSE
:DUMMY.VOPENING_BAL_DR:='0';
:DUMMY.VOPENING_BAL_CR:=A;
END IF;
add_parameter(PARAMETER_LIST_ID,'paramform',text_parameter,'NO');
--add_parameter(pl_id,'p_1',text_parameter,:diamond_grading_entry.laser_inspection_registry);
ADD_PARAMETER(PARAMETER_LIST_ID,'FCOMP_ID',TEXT_PARAMETER,:DUMMY.COMPANY_ID);
ADD_PARAMETER(PARAMETER_LIST_ID,'FAC_NAME',TEXT_PARAMETER,:DUMMY.AC_NAME);
ADD_PARAMETER(PARAMETER_LIST_ID,'DATE_FROM',TEXT_PARAMETER,to_char(:DUMMY.DATE_FROM,'dd-mm-yy'));
ADD_PARAMETER(PARAMETER_LIST_ID,'DATE_TO',TEXT_PARAMETER,to_char(:DUMMY.DATE_TO,'dd-mm-yy'));
ADD_PARAMETER(PARAMETER_LIST_ID,'FCURRENCY',TEXT_PARAMETER,:DUMMY.CURRENCY);
ADD_PARAMETER(PARAMETER_LIST_ID,'FOPENING_BAL_DR',TEXT_PARAMETER,:DUMMY.VOPENING_BAL_DR);
ADD_PARAMETER(PARAMETER_LIST_ID,'FOPENING_BAL_CR',TEXT_PARAMETER,:DUMMY.VOPENING_BAL_CR);
Run_Product(REPORTS,'T:\REPORTS\AC_STATEMENT2.REP', ASYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM,PARAMETER_LIST_ID , NULL);
DESTROY_PARAMETER_LIST(PARAMETER_LIST_ID);
END;

Waiting for ur reply.

samit gandhi
Problem in calling report from forms9i [message #165286 is a reply to message #165240] Wed, 29 March 2006 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samit_gandhi

Dear All,

I want to call the reports from forms9i. I am new in forms 9i. I have the reports in 6i. Please can any one send me the form through which one report is called with parameter in the forms.

It is urgent my whole work is stuck due to it.

Thanks in advance.

Samit Gandhi
Re: Problem in calling report from forms9i [message #165400 is a reply to message #165286] Wed, 29 March 2006 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Samit,

Please look at the thread http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/52754/67467/

The documentation says to change the 'run_product' to 'run_report_product'. MY suggestion is that you use 'web.show_document' which is detailed in the above thread.

I also suggest that you delete the 'REP' files and ONLY use 'rdf' files. You will need to open each 'rdf' in Reports Builder, recompile them (Ctrl-K), but not regenerate(DON'T Ctrl-T), and then save them.

David
Re: Problem in calling report from forms9i [message #170396 is a reply to message #165400] Wed, 03 May 2006 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohannad

thanks alot it work in report 9i
Re: Problem in calling report from forms9i [message #170434 is a reply to message #170396] Wed, 03 May 2006 15:58 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Thaks for the feedback.

David
Previous Topic: triggers
Next Topic: handling error when open the same two sessions at the same time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:55:07 CDT 2024