Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Call one LOV from another LOV for same field
Call one LOV from another LOV for same field [message #167783] Mon, 17 April 2006 01:50 Go to next message
Shumyla
I need to call 2 LOVs for the same field, when user selet one value from first LOV then based on this value another LOV should be called for the same field. I try to use KEY in where clause but it is not working

Regards
Shumyla Aziz
Re: Call one LOV from another LOV for same field [message #167822 is a reply to message #167783] Mon, 17 April 2006 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAS_SANKAR
try this one. it may be useful to you.
DECLARE 

b1 boolean;
  b2 boolean;
  lov_id      LOV; 
  rg_name  VARCHAR2(40) := 'empgr';
  rg_id    RecordGroup;
  errcode  NUMBER;

BEGIN 

b1 := show_lov('lov1');
	rg_id := Find_Group(rg_name);
	rg_id := Create_Group_From_Query( rg_name,'select distinct deptno from emp where job=:t');
      -- t is temp textbox and change the visible property to false
	errcode := Populate_Group( rg_id );
         Set_Lov_Property('lov2',GROUP_NAME,rg_id);   
	b2 := show_lov('lov2');
	Delete_Group( rg_id ); 

END; 

-Ras.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 April 2006 05:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Call one LOV from another LOV for same field [message #167960 is a reply to message #167783] Tue, 18 April 2006 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What is the data with which you are working? What is in the first LOV? What is in the second LOV? Why not have it all in the one LOV? Is this a course question or a real life work question (if the latter then perhaps you needs the specifications changed a little bit).

David
Re: Call one LOV from another LOV for same field [message #168396 is a reply to message #167960] Thu, 20 April 2006 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shumyla
I am working on real life scenaior, i want to choose a Position ID id from a LOV and based on its selection i want to show all possible designations fall under selected Position ID.

I am still unable to do this, although i got some code regarding this but i would not achieve what i want

Shumyla Aziz

Re: Call one LOV from another LOV for same field [message #168524 is a reply to message #168396] Thu, 20 April 2006 19:59 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The code previously listed in this thread will probably work for you. Basically, in your When-Button-Pressed trigger code do the first LOV which populates hidden fields which are part of the second LOV's record group, then in the same trigger code do a second Show_Lov that then populates your displayed field.

David
Previous Topic: Unable to Modify an Picture
Next Topic: frm 10247
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:35:27 CDT 2024