Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Query data Source type IN Oracle Form Builder 6i
Query data Source type IN Oracle Form Builder 6i [message #168279] Wed, 19 April 2006 09:34 Go to next message
navneetkrsh
Hello everybody
I m working in a project and developing a form. Now I have encountered a complex requierement. I need the answer as soon as possible. My requirement is as possible:
I have to develop a form that should have F11 and CTRL+F11 feature. But all the data that has to be shown in the forms is coming from dynamic sql.
Currently I have done this functionality by pressing a Find Button that will call a procedure that have dynamic sql and then return the value to When-Button-Pressed trigger and the values are shown. Sine it is not supporting F11+CTRL+F11 feature.
I donno whether it is possible or not. If it is possible can anybody explain me how to do it. Or if it not possible can u also explain it. WHY?
Thank...
Need reply urgently..
Re: Query data Source type IN Oracle Form Builder 6i [message #168376 is a reply to message #168279] Thu, 20 April 2006 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What do you think the F11 and Ctrl+F11 features do or should do?
Quote:

Sine it is not supporting F11+CTRL+F11 feature
What is 'Sine'?

What is in your dynamic SQL? Why is 'query data source' not giving you what you need?

David
Re: Query data Source type IN Oracle Form Builder 6i [message #168431 is a reply to message #168279] Thu, 20 April 2006 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
navneetkrsh
F11 means entering into query mode in Form and CTRL+F11 just querying data. This feature only we can get when the block is made up on Table,View or some procedure.
Currently I my form's data source is not table,view or procedure. There is a find button that calls a procedure that in turn retun data which is being displayed on form. So I can not enter into query(F11) mode.
My procedure is based dynamic SQL. There is one dynamic sql for each column of form.For example for Rework Qty(column of form) the dynamic SQL is as:
-------------------------------------------------
BEGIN
l_rework_st:='SELECT SUM('||l_disp_qty_col||')'||
' from QA_RESULTS QR,qa_plans qp where qr.plan_id=qp.plan_id '||
' and qp.name like ''TCL%DISPOS%'''||
' AND '||l_ncm_no_col ||'='||'trim('||''''||v_seq||''''||')'||
' and '||l_move_order_no_col|| ' is not null '||
' and DISPOSITION=''REWORK'''||
' AND '||l_disp_qty_col ||'=(SELECT SUM(TRANSACTION_QUANTITY) FROM'||
' MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS WHERE TRANSACTION_SOURCE_ID='||l_move_order_no_col||' AND TRANSACTION_QUANTITY>0)'||
' AND qr.organization_id='||P_ORGANIZATION_ID;

EXECUTE IMEDIATE l_rework_st INTO v_rework_qty;
EXCEPTION
WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN
NULL;
WHEN OTHERS THEN
RETURN ('Inside others of disposal rework'||SQLERRM);
END;;
------------------------------------------
Now I don't know How to make form in such a way that support query mode means pressing F11 and then querying data with CTRL+F11 because this whole procedure is made of many dynamic SQL.
And I m sorry mistakenly I have written 'Sine'
Re: Query data Source type IN Oracle Form Builder 6i [message #168529 is a reply to message #168431] Thu, 20 April 2006 20:13 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'from clause query'. There is even a working form attached to one of the threads.

David

Actually search for QUERY_DATA_SOURCE_NAME and look at attachment in http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/53596/67467/

[Updated on: Tue, 16 January 2007 17:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Using Dynamic Ref Cursor in Forms
Next Topic: LOV error frm-40508
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:36:41 CDT 2024