Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » linking between forms
linking between forms [message #169355] Wed, 26 April 2006 07:05 Go to next message
Grazien
hi there,
As part of my uni coursework I'm creating a set of linked forms
Im not sure on how to link them together.
I think the way i want this to work is so that by clicking on buttons within the form they would make new forms appear.

Sorry if thsi is a bit trivial, I'm very muc ha noob to this,
thanks in advance,
Paul
Re: linking between forms [message #169357 is a reply to message #169355] Wed, 26 April 2006 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Catty
Hi!
you should use trigger WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED , which will call another form. For example, put in the body of the trigger: call_form, open_form.
Also try to look here: http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/techlisting9i.html
Re: linking between forms [message #169365 is a reply to message #169357] Wed, 26 April 2006 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grazien
thanks for that, the gist of the situation is that i have numerous canvases, each holding different bits of information, but they're all within the same file.
I want to be able to move between canvases without tabs, im trying to figure out how to do this,
each canvas already includes tabs, but i want to include buttons that would move between the different canvases in the file without just using tabs.

There are four canvases and a single contents canvas that would include the buttons.

I'd like to be able to click on a button on any canvas and move to another page, in a similar fashion to buttons on a web site.

Sorry if i didn't make this clearer already lol, I'm really REALLY new to this.
Many thanks,
Paul
Re: linking between forms [message #169434 is a reply to message #169365] Wed, 26 April 2006 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rose_250
Hii,

as I understand, you want to link forms, using a button..

First, choose trigger WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED,
Second, try this code, it may help you..
/* run_product code*/
begin
run_product(forms,'c:\windows\desktop\foldername\module',asynchronous, runtime, filesystem, ",");
exit_form;
end;

Note that foldername: is the folder in which you put all the forms you want to connect and they are in desktop , for example.
(You have to ensure the path of the folder..)

module: is the name of the form you want to open..

Hope thats exactly what you want.. Razz
Re: linking between forms [message #169904 is a reply to message #169434] Sun, 30 April 2006 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grazien
that seems ok, but what about the two '"' at the end of the procedure?

my form wont compile because it doesnt understand what they are
Re: linking between forms [message #169964 is a reply to message #169904] Mon, 01 May 2006 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Stick with the call_form, open_form etc that was recommended in a higher post. Leave the run_product alone.

David
Re: linking between forms [message #169970 is a reply to message #169904] Mon, 01 May 2006 02:47 Go to previous message
Rose_250
yeah, ensure that you write single quotation twice not double quotation ,then comma and then again single quotaion twice, without leaving space, it will comes like that ' ',' '
Previous Topic: How to enable SQL TRACE for a particular Session through Forms6i?
Next Topic: when kye pressed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:50:39 CDT 2024