Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » when-validate-record fires when post-query fires
when-validate-record fires when post-query fires [message #169370] Wed, 26 April 2006 08:34 Go to next message
haitham
at the detail data block..
i write only the following in the post-query trigger :
declare
begin
:detailblock.textitem:='completed';
end;
such that the textitem is anon database display item ..after displayed in the first record and navigate to the second record the when-validate-record fires and i dont want it to fire......so why this happens?..

i use only the triggers at the detail data block:
when-new-block-instance
post-query
when-validate-record

need help plz..

[Updated on: Wed, 26 April 2006 08:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: when-validate-record fires when post-query fires [message #169427 is a reply to message #169370] Wed, 26 April 2006 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You could try with such a code in the POST-QUERY trigger:
:detailblock.textitem := 'completed';
set_record_property(:system.trigger_record, 'DETAILBLOCK', status, query_status);
This command would "convince" Forms that nothing really changed and that the block is in query status.
Re: when-validate-record fires when post-query fires [message #169450 is a reply to message #169370] Wed, 26 April 2006 21:43 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What version of forms are you running? Are you really, really sure that 'detailblock.textitem' is non-database? Humour me, rename the current 'detailblock.textitem' (which I think you got by duplicating an existing item via the canvas editor) and add a new item in the object navigator and call it 'detailblock.textitem'. Then try it again.

David
Previous Topic: Problem in trasnfer from menu to menu
Next Topic: update a column having no value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:27:39 CDT 2024