Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » "update record" does not updates. why?
icon4.gif  "update record" does not updates. why? [message #170003] Mon, 01 May 2006 12:25 Go to next message
dude4084
Hi everyone

A form has created problems for me.

Scenario: A simple form is made on the basis of a simple table. This form is being used successfully for Adding records.

The structure of mytable (sample table)is

Sno number(3) primary key
Name varchar2(20)
Authorization_date date

The other user, no 2, authorize the entered record by using another form. I am facing problem on this form. The authorization process is done by simply entering sysdate in Authorization_date.

Hence all records with Authorization_date is NOT NULL are authorized while all records with Authorization_date is NULL are waiting for authorization.

My method:
I have made a simple text item where the user no 2 enters the sno. Upon entering i display the corresponding Name by using when validate trigger.

Now as the user no 2 wants to authorize the record, he/she presses the button labelled "authorize" on the form.

Behind button i have written following code.

update mytable
set Authorization_date = trunc(sysdate)
where mytable.sno = :block1.sno;

Problem:
at form level, all the things work smoothly but at backend at SQL level, the record is not updated.i.e. Authorization_date remains NULL.

why?

Please guide.

Dude

Re: "update record" does not updates. why? [message #170009 is a reply to message #170003] Mon, 01 May 2006 13:05 Go to previous message
dude4084
found the solution myself.

Just inserted a line commit;

so simple Smile
Previous Topic: Validation Problem in Forms and problem in tabula form (merged)
Next Topic: Compare textfield value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:56:48 CDT 2024