Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » handling error when open the same two sessions at the same time
handling error when open the same two sessions at the same time [message #170372] Wed, 03 May 2006 08:32 Go to next message
emadbsb

Hii all

i have a problem when i open two sessions in my application those two session are the same and i open them at the same time
i have two questions
first :
Quote:

suppose i have session (A)
and session (B)

when i am in session (A) and delete record and then save
while i am openning session (B) suppose i want to delete the same record from session (B)
it is not deleted and still found on the screen because it is deleted before in session (A)

i want to handle that by previewing a message like
"that record was deleted"

second:
Quote:

suppose i didnot save the deletion in session (A) i just deleted it without save
when i delete it in session (B) it gives me error of
"could not reserve record (2 tries) keep trying?"

i want to handle this also by previewing a message like
"that record is locked now"

Thanks for everyone helped and helping me

Re: handling error when open the same two sessions at the same time [message #170442 is a reply to message #170372] Wed, 03 May 2006 21:20 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'on-error'. There are plenty of examples showing you how to trap specific errors so you can issue your own message. You could also read the reference manual and it has sample code.

David
Previous Topic: Calling report from forms and Problem in calling report from forms9i (merged)
Next Topic: URGENT PLS - ENTER QUERY MODE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:44:45 CDT 2024