Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » a strange requirement in FORMS
a strange requirement in FORMS [message #173293] Sun, 21 May 2006 09:57 Go to next message
nirmalnarayan
Hi all,

i know this is a strange requirement from one of the clients, there is a multi-record block, and a button on the right side of of the fields, though the field is multi-record, the button will appear only once. the button will appear on right side of the current record, this is coded and successfully working in when-new-record instance.

But the problem happens when the user jumps into middle of the records, say he navigates to record number 5 and (there are 10 records displayed always) but more records are there at any point which will appear as the user navigates down the records.

If the user navigates to record no. 5 or some record in the middle (think there are 100 records and 10 records displayed in the block) now after navigating to the 5th record(using key board) and then after if the user uses the scroll bar to go down the records, the button stands still as it was near the 5th displayed record. This is happening since the when-new-record instance will not fire when the user uses scrollbars. But the user wants to make this possible, and i don't know any event that will fire, when one navigates using scrollbar attached to the block.

Don't ask why the client needs this, they needs it, but can any one suggest any work around to make it work?

Thanks,

Nirmal
Re: a strange requirement in FORMS [message #173340 is a reply to message #173293] Sun, 21 May 2006 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This is just an idea. Try programming the Key-SCRDOWN and Key-SCRUP to move the button down or up a record each time the user moves by using the scroll bar. I don't know how it will handle scrolling a page at a time.

Alternatively, convert the 'scroll down' to a 'down'.

David
Re: a strange requirement in FORMS [message #173378 is a reply to message #173340] Mon, 22 May 2006 03:39 Go to previous message
nirmalnarayan
Key-scrdown and key-scrup has nothing to do with scroll button, nor does it fires when the user uses scrollbutton.

thanks

Nirmal
Previous Topic: see my code and error
Next Topic: what is wrong with this code.??!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:26:36 CDT 2024